First Impressions  

I thought that I would give everyone an idea of where I live. I live in a gated community outside of Guayaquil. My neighborhood is called Puerto Azul. The school where I will be teaching at is also inside Puerto Azul. The neighborhood is nice, but the thing that I was most impressed with has been the school itself. The campus is gorgeous. There are tons of green space and the grounds are impeccable. There are flowers, shrubs, and palm trees. My future classroom is in an amazing position. It is located above the library and lined with windows that look out over the campus. My apartment/condo is really nice. It is way more room than I could possibly use. It is set up in a horseshoe configuration. It has two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, and a small living room. Both the living room and my bedroom overlook the pool and barbeque area. Guayaquil is a hard city to describe. It is beautiful and eye-opening in different instances. I'll explain it further once I've experienced it more. For now, here is a video of my place with a few photos. Enjoy and take care!!


Okay, well I've been having some issues with uploading the video and photos. You'll have to go to the following links to check them out.


*** The Spanish that I'm writing is not an exact translation of what I have written in English. It is the main concept with a few differences.

***El español que estoy escribiendo no es una traducción exacta de mi “post” que he escrito en ingles. Los dos contienen el mismo concepto con torcidos diferentes.

Pues, pensaba que daría una idea de donde vivo a todos. Vivo en una comunidad cerrada en las afueras de Guayaquil. Quiero decir que hay puertas en las entradas con oficiales de seguridad. Mi vecindario se llama Puerto Azul. La escuela dónde estaré enseñando, también está colocada en el mismo vecindario. El vecindario se ve bonito, pero me fascina mas la escuela. El campus es muy bonito. Hay montones de espacio verde y la tierra es impecable. Hay flores de colores diferentes, arbustos, y palmeras. Mi aula está situada en una posición perfecta. Está colocada encima de la biblioteca con muchas ventanas que tienen vistas muy buenas del campus. Mi apartamento es muy bueno también. Hay demasiado espacio para solo una persona y nunca podría usar todo el espacio disponible. Es en la configuración de una herradura. Tiene dos cuartos, dos baños completos, una cocina/comedor, y un salón pequeño. Los dos, el salón y mi cuarto tienen vistas de la piscina (alberca) y del área de barbacoa. Guayaquil es una ciudad muy difícil describir. Es muy bonito y sorprendente al mismo tiempo. Explicaré cuando la conozca mejor. Por ahora, aquí hay un video y unas fotos de mi apartamento. Disfrútenlos. Cuídense.

Bueno, he estado teniendo problemas con el video y las fotos. Tendrás que ir a los siguiente sitios para verlos.

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 08, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Amy Bacome  

Oops! I posted a comment for this posting in the July comments.

Estoy muy guapo. La apartmento is nice broseph. I have a mejor desiro to visit you. I once was itchy about travelo too, but me only go for one week. Say hi to a waterfall or tucan para ti. I will be watching the blogo for pics and stories from paradise. El wanto seniorita pics as well. As for "Hay flores de colores diferentes", just go down to the Wallgreens (or local equivelent). They sell el salve for that.

Viva comunidad!
El Jeffe