Clasico - Barcelona v. Emelec  


It has been a few weeks since I've last added a post.  School has been going pretty well.  We just finished up our MAP testing.  The students will take the test in the middle of the year and at the end of the year again.  I have been keeping pretty busy.  Every Tuesday, our bike group rides up into the hills.  Wednesday is soccer day.  It's fun to play and every game I get a little closer to being in soccer form.  Last weekend, we went to a soccer game.  It is called the clasico.  There are two professional soccer teams in Guayaquil.  The clasico is when they play against each other.  The stadium was enormous!  The atmosphere was very interesting.  I have a few pictures and a short video of the experience.  This weekend, we had a guy's night which was a lot of fun.  Thanks to a few friends, I tried sushi for the first time here and they showed me the most wonderful thing.  The video stores are amazing.  DVD's (pirated of course) cost 3 for $5. There are even some places that charge $1 a piece.  You can find anything and everything that you could ever want, including movies that have not been released to DVD yet.  I'm really excited for the next couple weekends.  This coming weekend, I've decided to take a trip to Cuenca.  It is a colonial city in the mountains.  I plan on walking around, checking out a soccer game, and most importantly, trying cuy.  Cuy is a traditional indigenous dish that people have eaten for years and years.  Cuy is guinea pig, that is usually roasted.  The weekend after Cuenca is the big biking trip down Volcano Cotopaxi (the highest active volcano in the world) and Laguna Quilotoa.  I'm really excited.









This entry was posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments