Relaxing Weekend  


This past weekend I stayed in town to relax and get a few things done.  Most of the bike posse ended up going up into the hills on Saturday morning.  I wore my Nebraska shirt to represent on game day.  We left around 7:30 in the morning.  On the way up, we saw a snake across the trail.  It was pretty cool to see.  I made it to the top!  I was dragging my body up there kicking and screaming, but I made it.  I actually walked the last 100 yards.  Now I know what to expect and I should get better each time.  Tuesday we'll go up again, but probably not to the top.  It is a fun ritual to have.  It breaks up the week and gets your mind off of school for a while.  I also played soccer with the maintenance staff and others on Wednesday.  They invite another team to come to the school every Wednesday.  I started out pretty good, but I tired really early.  I'm sure I'll get better as time goes on.  This weekend I'll probably stay here and explore the city a bit more.  Unfortunately, on Saturday Ecuador lost to Colombia in soccer.  After watching that, my spirits were lifted by listening to the Husker game on the internet.  Sounded like a good first outing.  Take care, Jeremy.
To the top!

¡Cuidado!  Snake on the trail!

The rest of the pictures are at:

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments