Mindo, I Miss You  

The latest trip (last weekend) took me to Mindo.  It is a small town in the middle of cloud forest.  It has some great opportunities for hiking, bird watching, etc.  I went with Dave and Danielle, a couple that I've become pretty good friends with.  They are a lot of fun because we have similar interests and they are easy going and up for anything.  It took about eight hours by bus to get there.  On the way there, it didn't seem too bad.  The way back was a bit of a different story.  Mindo was great!  After changing hotels/hostels, we ended up in this great place that was right by the river.  Hummingbirds of all different vibrant colors were buzzing around the balcony and back patio.  Pretty cool sight.  When we were in Mindo, we went on a hike to waterfalls, went zip-lining, went to the butterfly garden, and ate great food.  The way back, the bus ride seemed much longer.  I'm hoping to get back to Mindo over Christmas break to do some hiking and bird watching.  It was a lot of fun!  Below are some of the pictures and a video.


One of the many hummingbirds that were around the hotel.




Mindo and the surrounding hills and mountains.




The cable car that takes people across the valley to trails that lead to waterfalls.



Dave and Danielle enjoying the ride.


The first waterfall.  We had it all to ourselves.





View from the zip line tour.



Off I go!



Butterfly garden.


The rest of my pictures are at:  Mindo Pictures


Here is a slide show that I made with some commentary (click on the HD button for best quality):

On a side note, made it up the hill to the summit for the second time.  The first time, I had to walk the last part after taking multiple breaks.  This time, I rode the whole way up with one stop.  PROGRESS!


Take care!

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 07, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments