Paracas  

A string of circumstances (some under my control and others out of my control) landed me in Paracas on the coast of Peru.  I´m glad that I made it there.  Ceviche was plentiful and I took advantage, eating it at least for three different meals.  I went to Isla Ballesta and a national reserve that was really close.  Being on the coast and being used to the heat of Guayaquil, I was shocked at how cool it was.  I never wore a t-shirt, it was much too cool.  The island that I visited was pretty cool.  There were tons of birds, some sea lions, and some Humboldt penguins.    It was a really quick trip.  In the afternoon, I went to the reserve.  The wind, which Paracas is famous for, was really strong.  It was interesting to see the desert falling off into the ocean.  I´m now in Lima.  Tomorrow is the big day.  My friends make it here in the afternoon, and the others in the evening.  Can´t wait to see them . . .  Machu Picchu here we come!!!!  Here ares some pics of Paracas:

On the way to the island.
On the way to the islands, a figure formed similar to the Nasca lines but not made by the Nasca people.


Tons and tons of birds.
Hood up, ready to dodge any bird bombs.

Sea lions
Humboldt Penguins
Playa Roja-the only red beach in Peru.



















This entry was posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments