Playas Trip  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!  It could be my imagination, or just wishful thinking, but it feels like it has been cooling off a bit.  The mornings, at the very least are much more cool.  We now have a little over 20 days left of school left.  I think about the summer trip a lot.  I can't wait to get out and about and explore some new places and countries.  Most of all, I can't wait to do some good hiking.  Lately, I've been hitting the gym pretty hard.  Combine that with paddle tennis on Tuesdays, sports night on Thursdays, and staying active in general, I feel like I am in pretty good shape.  This past Thursday, we skipped sports night.  Instead, the guys took a trip to the beach right after school.  We left at 3:00, got to the beach and caught a few waves, ate some empanadas, drank a few beers and headed home the same night.  Believe it or not, it was the first time that I've gotten in the ocean in Ecuador.  I'm not too much of a beach person, but it was great to be there (especially in the middle of the week).  It was pretty surreal working and going to the beach in the same day.  Here are a few pictures of the trip:



Surf's up!
Chillin' on the beach.
Sunsetting . . . time for some empanadas.
Do we have to go home???

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments