Adventure Time!  

With school ending a few days ago, it is time for some travel, relaxing, and new adventures.  With the closing of school, I had to say good bye to some really good friends that I have made.  They will not be returning next year.  It is amazing how close and how connected we became in such a short time.  I was really lucky to be able to share an amazing year with them.  I wish them the best of luck and success in the future!


Tomorrow I'm leaving to go to La Paz, Bolivia.  I'll be traveling around Bolivia and Peru on my own until July 17th.  Some friends will be meeting me in Lima, Peru to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.  It is going to be an amazing trip.  Some of the things that I hope to see include:  Salar de Uyuni (salt flats), Sucre, Tupiza, Lake Titicaca (on the Bolivian side and on the Peruvian side), Arequipa, Nazca, Cusco, and top it off with Machu Picchu.  Of all my recent summer adventures, I have planned the least for this one.  It is exciting and a bit frightening.  I know for a fact that I have a hostel reserved for July 17th-27th.  Before that, I don't have anything booked.  It should work in my favor.  I'll be able to be super flexible and do whatever I'd like to do.  I'll be happy in any hostal that is clean.  I'll be taking my sleeping bag as well because the places that I am going are pretty chilly at night.  I'm traveling pretty light.  My backpack is not completely full, which is a good feeling.  Is two pairs of pants enough for 7 weeks?? jaja  I'm toying with the idea of not shaving for the seven weeks.  We'll see.  I'll try to update my blog along the way.



This entry was posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments