Loja  

After 9 hours in a night bus, I arrived in Loja this morning at 7:00.  The bus was pretty empty.  There was only a handful of passengers which was a bit strange.  I decided to try to take a sleeping tablet to help try to get some zzz's on the way.  Even with the sleeping tablet, not much sleep was had.  I'm looking forward to experiencing the ride during the day.  There must have been spectacular views.  The only reason why I'm guessing this is because of the twisting and turning through what felt like rugged mountain roads last night.  I am glad that I did take the night bus.  My body feels a bit off, but I'm sure I'll be back to normal very shortly.  I spent the day today just walking around Loja.  I really like it.  It is really clean and very walkable.  Tomorrow it is off to Vilcabamba.  I'll stay there until the 24th.  I plan on doing a lot of hiking and relaxing.  Here are some pictures of wandering around today in Loja:

View of the city
One of the plazas with mountains in the background

Same plaza, different view

Not exactly Ecuadorian, but still cool.  I heard a guy talking about them.  They claim to be Apache from the states.



Side street market


Wandering the streets of Loja

Loja's version of a Christmas tree.

The Gate to Loja which includes this castle and a bridge

View from the castle








Take care!






This entry was posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments